Monday, January 5, 2015

Renovating the bedroom - was it worth all that work?


Oh heck yea!

With a very small budget of $1000 my goal was to create a room that would be like a sanctuary. A place that exuded calm and class. I knew that I hit the nail on the head when each person who saw it for the first time stated that it looked like a luxury hotel room. I couldn't be more happy. I will let the pictures tell the story.

Some "before" shots...




"During" shots ...



And as they say on HGTV - The REVEAL .....






I went with taupe and a champagne color for the accent. It just worked well with the grey and continued the very elegant feel.



My mom's lamps are like pieces of art in the room and stand at attention on each side of the bed.







The 40 year old dresser got a new life and my mom's "disco" kitty reigns supreme below a fabulous new mirror.




Light breezy curtains that let the light shine through frame the renewed armoire, while black and white photos of my children truly make this room homey.

I know it's been a while since I posted. The holidays brought my daughter home, my sister and brother-in-law, and my son and family as well. My time was spent cooking, shopping, and just enjoying my family. I will be back to posting regularly soon!

3 comments: