Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Just call me Paul(ette) Bunyan - Lumberjack(jill)

OK... so this picture is a lie. Phil actually does the chainsaw work.
I'm demoted to hauling off the limbs to the woods.
We currently have a yard laden with fallen trees. No - it wasn't from an F5 tornado. We basically did this to ourselves. There were a number of trees and very large limbs that were either dead or a possible threat to our home during a wind or ice storm. Because we are so economical (i.e. cheap) and tree services are so expensive, we paid for the trees and limbs to be dropped, but we have to take care cutting up the wood and removal. May I say that this decision was made by two seemingly rational adults? We're idiots.

Bored? In need of exercise? Want some fresh air? Come on over to our house. Don't forget to bring your chainsaw. And by the way - we have a beer fridge.





Another fine mess we managed to create. So...I have no time for clever repartee for my blog. I'll be back to writing when our yard is
free from bark. Might be a while...

6 comments:

  1. Please be careful. Even experience loggers loose fingers and limbs. Clear all the branches first then the trunk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great advice. That's exactly what we are doing.

      Delete
  2. Soon you will have arms like Nicole Curtis! Our shoulders like Iron Man! Sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Not quite as exciting as your life is right now : )))
      I love looking at all your pics. I"m jealous!

      Delete