Monday, October 13, 2014

What do you mean I didn’t win?

One characteristic of my personality that honestly some may find annoying is that I am forever the optimist. When things look down, I look up.  While others are finding all that is wrong with the world, I’m trying to find what’s right. Some people are Negative Nellies, I’m a Positive Patti. I forever see the pot at the end of the rainbow – or in this case The House at the end of the sweepstakes.

You know all those online contests that the home improvement networks have? The Dream Home, the Smart Home, Blog Cabin, Urban Oasis – I enter them all. Each day. Multiple times. And before you call the sweepstakes police, it’s allowed Nellie – so there!  And here’s the part MOST people (except me) find humorous. I even go so far as to check out the fine print of the Sweepstakes Rules to see when the prize patrol will be coming to my house to notify me that I’m the big winner. As I enter those contests, I fantasize how winning the prize will change our lives. I have detailed discussions with my husband (OK it’s mostly me talking and him nodding) regarding whether we should take the house or the cash prize. I mean I really think hard about this – it’s a big decision! He appeases me by pretending like he’s really paying attention, but I can see his sideways glances that say “She’s nuts and why in the world did I ever marry her?” Right now you are probably wondering why I’m not seeking help for this affliction, which I might actually be able to afford if I won one of these prizes!

Here’s the kicker. I'm always surprised when I don’t win. Then I get pissed. Yep. I do. How can my “number” never come up? My ship never come in? My luck never change? Sigh...


So right now I’m waiting for them to come knocking on my door to tell me that I won the Blog
Blog Cabin backyard. I'm perfect for this place!
Cabin. Phil and I could be very happy in Winter Haven, Florida. I’m convinced.  I’ll even put up with the mosquitoes. And by his silent nodding and glazed over eyes, I’m taking it that he agrees that a move would be a good idea. If time goes by and no van pulls up with balloons and a sign and a TV camera, I will be mad once again. I will curse at the TV shows and swear I’ll never get my hopes up again and then … I will get my trusty laptop and go ahead and enter the Urban Oasis Sweepstakes and wait for THAT prize patrol to come knocking sometime in November.  Surely I will win that one.

1 comment:

  1. You are already a winner in my book! But a big prize wouldn't hurt. Sis

    ReplyDelete