Monday, April 11, 2016

Ever suggest something and then regret it?

Work on the master bath has ground to a halt as we wait for the shower pan to be delivered. Because of structural and plumbing issues we needed to order a very large 48 x 60 pan. I was hoping for a smaller shower in this very small bathroom but...that's how it goes. Renovations mean problem-solving and flexibility, for sure.
Wall for the pocket door


Before we even picked up a crowbar we had many discussions about how we envisioned the space. One idea I mentioned was the possibility of a pocket door to give the illusion of more space. Or if that wasn't possible then installing a medicine cabinet on that wall for more storage. Unbeknownst to me, Phil has been gnawing on this idea of a pocket door from that first conversation and has decided it's something we can't live without. I think I would have gone with just the medicine cabinet. I'm not too proud to admit that I'm a coward!

Our new nemesis
I love Phil's determination and confidence that we can make this happen, but I'm tellin' ya, this is complicated. It involves removing studs, recreating the header above the door, moving electricity, and getting the measurements just perfect. 
No matter how long or how much you look at it...
it's going to be a bear of a project.

Wish us luck - we're going to need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment