Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Does every old house have a resident gremlin?


Well we certainly do! I'm absolutely positive that is what is to blame for all the things constantly breaking in our 30 year old house. 
I doubt very seriously our gremlin is this cute.



For instance:

Right after Christmas - BAM!!!! The garage door breaks.

Then the next week - BAM!!! The barrel inside the washing machine decides to take on a life of its own.

Next - BAM!!! Our television, begins to turn itself on and off as if it's possessed.

And now...(read in your head with French accent) the piece de resistance ...the icing on the cake...the big momma of breakage...

BAM!!! THE FURNACE!

And it's 20 degrees outside.

Yes, that's right. The invisible gremlin struck again and this time it's personal.

It's no longer about not being able to use the garage entrance.
It's no longer about not being able to have clean underwear in a drawer.
It's no longer about watching your favorite HGTV show and the screen suddenly goes black.


This is probably what our invisible gremlin looks like controlling our TV.

It's about surviving in a house with just the heat from the fireplace. And I gotta tell ya, this gremlin better be careful, because if I ever catch the little son-of-a (well, you know) I'm going to feed him to the dog next door.

He seems to know EXACTLY when there is a little bit of extra money in the savings account and BAM!!! He strikes again.

Sigh... 
Maybe I should check and see if gremlins are covered under our pest control contract. Damn...




3 comments:

  1. We call it "Murphy's" house! My 25 yr roof lasted 11 years and the contractor is long gone! I'm very happy now doing this thing to keep Murphy in control. Check out the 10 minute video on my web. Let me know what you think. My web: davesvensson.mystream.com email:davesvensson20@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have some in our house too, except because we are in SoFla, they have a tan. Oh wait, they're roaches!! (your Sis)

    ReplyDelete