Monday, July 27, 2015

So what's the next project?

The month of August might be a bit slow on the renovating front. I'm taking another trip out to LA (I'll certainly send "postcards") to visit my daughter and it's just too flippin' hot outside to think about doing any heavy lifting even if it's indoors.

Phil and I have decided to hit the master bath (literally and figuratively) in September. This will be a total gut job (down to the studs) and undoubtedly will lead to learning through mistakes and possibly a trip to Urgent Care. My initial budget will be $3500 and it will be tight as I think a plumber or two might get involved. This budget will include everything new including a walk-in shower as opposed to shower and tub.

Words cannot describe how much I abhor this bathroom, so I will let the "before" shots do the talking:

It's like walking into the 1980's. UGH!
Double UGH!


Bathroom designs for small baths that I will use as inspiration:

Love the glass door and small hex tile in the shower.
I plan on using subway tile on the walls as well.
In this design, I really like that window in the shower. Hmm possibilities...
I will definitely need a corner bench in the shower or something like that, unless of course
Phil doesn't care if I ever shave my legs! 
Nice paint color and I may even opt for a dark vanity. The marble top is classic.
The final product will be a mixture of different design ideas that will ultimately fit our space, taste and budget. The fun part is coming up with a plan. The hard part is making it happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment